Contractor work at TVA
Start Date: 3/25/2024
End Date: 9/24/2026
Pay Range: $46 – $64 depending on experience
Work Location: Chattanooga
To apply email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities: The incumbent reports to the Sr Manager of Project Performance and interfaces with key stakeholders to assess and improve project performance across TVA.
1. Collaborate with TVA Enterprise Project Assurance personnel to establish and maintain technical and administrative policies that establish the expectations for high standards of project performance consistent with industry best standards and performance.
2. Provide project performance oversight for TVA projects to ensure desired outcomes are achieved.
3. Collaborate with key stakeholders across project executing organizations to define stakeholder requirements and support implementation of Project Management Tools.
4. Support the TVA Project Review Board by conducting the project health assessments of significant projects.
5. Support the TVA Project Review Board by conducting Risk and Readiness (stage gate) reviews of projects for consideration during the funding approval process.
6. Serve as a consultant to peers relative to alternative solutions to technical, project management, and project controls problems to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of implementation techniques.
7. Collaborate across the enterprise to maintain a high level of technical expertise including industry experience to ensure processes are successful, effective, and documented in a robust standardized procedure system and hierarchy.
8. Lead the compliance efforts to ensure project executing organizations are adhering to TVA Project Management SPPs.
9. Drives accountability throughout TVA project executing organizations for closing gaps to excellence in project performance
10. Develop and create project KPIs, project performance metrics, and define project performance reporting requirements.
11. Develop and create the accountability and performance measurement systems to analyze, monitor, and trend key project performance indicators.
12. Propels standardization and process improvements across all TVA project management organizations.
13. Collaborate with key stakeholders across project executing organizations to lead performance improvement initiatives.
14. Coordinate with Joint Project Teams, Plant Operations, Senior Management and other TVA organizations to conduct post-project reviews of significant projects to determine lessons learned and for dissemination and implementation of the best practices into future projects.
15. Participate in evaluating and implementing the project management tools
16. Participate in developing the new processes and procedures to support project performance requirements.
Minimum Requirements: Education — B.S. degree in business management, engineering, or a related discipline, or equivalent education, training and experience.
Experience — Requires ten years utility or equivalent functional area work experience including three years of increased responsibilities leading project teams and project management experience. Requires specialized in-depth knowledge of project management techniques and experience to resolve in-depth problems. Ability to look beyond existing methodologies and own disciple to define and resolve complex problems.
Certification/License, etc. — P.E., PMP, or other professional certification or license desirable
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — Working knowledge of management techniques and human relations skills to enable him/her to guide TVA Projects management toward goals. Ability to communicate effectively. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with other TVA organizations and to communicate clearly orally and in writing. Strong commitment to and skills in employee communication, to be able to build teamwork and convey mission, objective, expectations and philosophy. Demonstrated ability to interpret broad policy matters and provide guides to Project Management personnel.
Additional Job Details: Project management knowledge along with strong process improvement skills are key to this role. The position will work closely with a technical team as well as those responsible for project management standards, governance, and oversight. Ability to identify business automation and reporting improvements and partner with technical resource to translate into specifications for automation, including the ability to test and ensure quality and accuracy of solutions, as well as alignment to business intent. Project Performance analysis experience for identification of opportunities for improvement is valuable. Ability to use Excel to analyze and graph, and/or ability to use Power BI or Tableau for ad hoc solutions is helpful. Experience with pulling database data into excel, or using SQL will be helpful to the role.