Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: 6/26/2023
End Date: 6/25/2025 (tentative)
Pay Range: $35 – $44 (depending on experience)
To apply email resume to email@example.com
- As an experienced accounting professional with expertise in multiple accounting specialties, performs complex accounting review and analyses.
- Thoroughly understands Sarbanes-Oxley and SEC regulations and applies this understanding to design and analyze processes to accurately record and report the financial position of TVA.
- Works with other accounting analysts, often in as the team lead with responsibility to develop methodology, apply controls and analyze results of the accounting, revenue and financial reporting cycles.
- Exercises autonomy in advising senior-level management who rely on their training, experience, and judgment for the interpretation and application of accounting guidance and the impact on TVA’s results of operations and financial performance.
- Identifies risk, assesses the implications and identifies control objectives to mitigate TVA’s financial reporting exposure. Independently provides advice and consultation.
- Independently develops control objectives, applies accounting theory and industry standards to complex problems for management decision making.
- Routinely seeks to improve processes and identify new opportunities for improved application of accounting principles and financial analysis. Proactive in addressing problems and finding solutions to problems. May participate on teams but often is the team lead and/or recognized specialist in areas of expertise.
Education — A bachelor’s degree is required. Field of study in accounting or finance is preferred. A bachelor’s degree in a related field of study, with related education, training & experience in financial reporting will be considered. An advanced degree in accounting, finance or business administration is desirable.
Experience — Five+ years of experience with specific work experience in electric utility, energy, public accounting, finance or engineering/construction and the application of SEC, FASB, and other relevant standards for accounting, financial reporting, internal controls, and disclosures.
Certification/License, etc. —Continued professional development necessary to obtain professional accounting certifications is expected.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — Requires current knowledge of SEC, FASB and other relevant accounting rules, financial reporting, internal controls and disclosure. Must have working knowledge of general business, financial systems and controls, computer skills, and financial analysis techniques. Must be proficient in the use of spreadsheets, word processing, data analysis and graphics to prepare accounting justifications, presentations and proposals. Requires good communication skills and the ability to make presentations to senior-level management. Must be willing to seek out and be assigned the most difficult tasks and successfully meet the challenges. Must exhibit an ability and desire to perform at a higher level through professional development and self-initiative. Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
Additional Job Details: This position is a remote position; therefore, no relocation or travel will be needed. Primary responsibilities are preparing SEC financial statement reports (10-K, 10-Q) as part of a larger team. Background in audit/public accounting or specific work experience in the application of SEC, FASB, and other relevant standards for accounting, financial reporting, internal controls, and disclosures. Accounting degree preferred, with CPA or working towards CPA a plus. Good communication, attention to detail, critical thinking mindset, and ability to work on a team are additional skills that would make a candidate a good fit.