Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: 6/12/2023
End Date: 11/19/2023
Pay Range: $45-62 depending on experience
To apply email resume to: email@example.com
1. Serves as the recognized TVA consultant and expert on all significant accounting matters affecting TVA and sets accounting policy for the company.
2. Performs the function of consulting accountant responsible for providing technical accounting advice and guidance for all TVA organizations.
3. Prepares technical accounting presentations, training sessions on technical accounting issues and accounting whitepapers.
4. Directs the publishing of accounting whitepapers and policy papers in a manner and format that can be accessed by all TVA organizations to assist them in making appropriate accounting decisions.
5. Takes a role in adopting and implementing new accounting standards affecting TVA by coordinating with all affected organizations to gather and compile the appropriate accounting information for recording and disclosing the transactions.
6. Liaison with the external auditors on accounting policy and disclosure.
7. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience/Certificates, Licenses, and Registration Requirements/Other Requirements: A Masters degree with study in accounting, or equivalent experience combined with a Bachelors degree, is required. Requires extensive knowledge and over seven years of experience in the field of accounting and financial reporting, preferably for SEC reporting companies and/or the utility industry. Big 4 experience is preferred. A CPA certification is required.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — Extensive experience in interpreting complex accounting concepts and conveying complex technical accounting ideas both orally and in written form as well as the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of TVA management and external parties. Strong interpersonal skills to establish required relationships with personnel at all levels. Strong presentation skills to provide training to TVA organizations on complex accounting. Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.