Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Up to 1 year
Number of positions: 2
Location: This is a partial teleworking position. There will be some site interaction for the projects that are being implemented.
TVA Organization: Nuclear Projects
Pay: $49 to $68 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@sitluflawj
- The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall planning, direction, management, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects according to specifications, within budget cost from initiation through completion.
- The Senior Project Manager leads joint project teams (JPTs), applies professional principles, practices and techniques to lead project teams and control project schedule, cost and performance risk to ensure project is completed within a certain set of restraints (e.g., time, budget, people, quality, materials) and a high level of quality.
- This role is generally assigned large multifaceted projects. The Senior Project Manager is the single point of contact regarding a specific project and assumes the leadership role in safely managing the project.
- Budget responsibility — capability to manage large project budget over $25 million, or a portfolio of projects that have an aggregate total over $75 million for all active projects assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business management, or technical field, or equivalent education, training and/or related work experience.
- Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- Certification/license, etc. — Project Management Institute (PMI) certification as Project Management Professional (PMP) within one year of appointment of assuming the senior project manager position.
- Demonstrated desire to excel in professional field of study, as demonstrated by certification/licensure in professional field of study, preferred but not required (e.g. PE, CPA, CFP, etc)
- Experience – requires 10 years’ utility project manager experience, or equivalent functional area work experience including three years of increased responsibilities leading project teams and project management experience.
- Requires specialized in-depth knowledge of project management techniques, experience to resolve in-depth problems, and practical experience in project scoping and cost estimating.
- Ability to look beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.