Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Approx. 12 months, may be extended
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
This is an onsite position. Travel required, low time in office.
TVA Organization: Power Operations
Pay: $35 to $44 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@kavonj
- Serves as technical specialist relative to engineering support functions covering major programs and/or processes including, but not limited to:
— Vendor manuals
— Design guidelines
— Performance and system monitoring/indicators
— Configuration management/control work flow
— Design impact coordination
- Responsible for making substantive judgments in developing new or modifying existing program goals and objectives and to define the means of accomplishment consistent with TVA and organizational objectives.
- Responsible for developing and implementing both programmatic and technical programs relative to the area of expertise.
- Responsible for developing standards for engineering records and standards for setting requirements for contract partner inputs into the engineering process.
- Needs to be able to look at a drawing and identify inconsistencies and anomalies. Able to determine if engineering output meets standardized requirements.
- Conducts in-depth analyses of new or existing objectives, procedures and resources to identify actual or potential problem areas. Once these analyses are completed, develops corrective action measures with defined methods to monitor the program’s effectiveness. Develops strategies for long-term programmatic success in providing services to customers.
- Responsible for the on-going maintenance and adherence to applicable programmatic procedures.
- May coordinate and/or review the work of others.
Education and Experience
- An A.S. degree in a related technical discipline, or equivalent education, training and experience.
- A Bachelors’ degree is desirable.
- Several years of related work experience including reading engineering drawings and working with engineering-related procedures.
- Must have demonstrated skills in the areas of facilitating positive relations between business groups and technology departments, effective communication and teamwork skills, strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must possess awareness of change management concepts and their importance.
- Must be able and willing to travel to plant locations as required when performing assigned tasks.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.