Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: April 15, 2020
Duration: Approx. 6 to 8 months
Location: Shawnee Fossil Plant – Paducah, KY
TVA Organization: Fossil & Hydro
Pay: $44 to $55 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 7:00 to 3:30, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@hcnylmd
- Performs electrical engineering to optimize performance of major plant equipment, apparatus, and facilities at a fossil power plant.
- Conducts technical monitoring, analysis, evaluation, and investigation of plant electrical equipment. Initiates improvements, repairs, maintenance, modification, and retrofit activity to optimize achievement of plant / system business plan objectives.
- Conducts improvement studies using plant test and operating data and monitors control charts for optimizing plant performance.
- Utilizes a wide variety of analytical methods to solve problems and to predict future performance, using historical data and the results of process control system activities.
- Identifies deviations in plant equipment and system performance, determines root causes, and recommends the optimum solution for correcting the problem.
- Troubleshoots system problems not resolved by routine maintenance or surveillance activities.
- Determines whether identified problems exist in other systems or units at the plant and replicates solutions, including informing engineers at other plants which can benefit.
- Prepares and reviews specifications, cost benefit ratios, and estimates covering installation of new equipment or upgrading of present equipment.
- Furnishes engineering data and prepares job orders and work orders to cover capitalized expenditures or retirements.
- Represents production engineering on joint project teams.
- Assists in overseeing the daily plant monitoring and testing activities performed by plant technical services analysts.
- Responsible for ensuring that changes to plant configuration are controlled and properly documented.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- Full competence as a system engineer as demonstrated by several years’ progressive and developmental experience at engineer level as a system engineer or in a comparable engineering position providing the required experience and knowledge of plant systems and of multiple engineering disciplines.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in engineering as evidenced by completion of engineering graduate progression plan or equivalent post engineering graduate education and experience.
- License as a professional engineer is desirable.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.