Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: Sept. 30, 2019
Duration: Up to 1 year
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: Generation Projects
Pay: $39 to $49 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday with flexibility; little or no overtime
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@trawoczj
- Coordinate project engineering support for 1 to 2 TVA project managers associated with projects at 2 to 4 TVA hydro, coal, or gas plants
- Ensure contracted engineering services are in place to participate in joint project teams, lead studies, execute design engineering, and provide field implementation support
- Resolve conflicts and gain consensus between vendors, partners, operations, engineering, and management for projects.
- Provide engineering oversight for purchases of engineered components.
- Ensure product quality from contracted engineering partners, and compliance with TVA processes, procedures, and standards associated with product design and associated documentation.
- Management, tracking, control, and evaluation of engineering performance through established contracts to execute engineering for projects utilizing matrix organization teams.
Education and Experience
- Engineering degree from an accredited college or university
- 5 years experience in engineering role
- Project management or project support experience
- Contract management experience
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.