Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: October 4, 2021
Duration: 9 to 12 months
Location: Teleworking at the present time.
This job will become an on-site position at the Chattanooga Office Complex when TVA determines it is safe to return to the office.
TVA Organization: Human Resources
Pay: $21 to $26 per hour, depending on experience
Number of positions: 2
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@deeasv
- Promotes “People First” culture throughout the respective organization; exhibits and encourages exceptional performance and teamwork across the HR&C organization
- Fosters culture of accountability, trust, collaboration, development, and results consistent with the short and long-term objectives of the HR&C organization
- Educates managers, employees, contractors, and retirees on HR policies, plans, programs, practices, processes, and tools (e.g., compensation, benefits, development projects, EEO) to ensure knowledge transfer, enhanced organizational capability related to the management and development of people, and consistent delivery
- Handles front line HR customer contacts and resolves customer inquiries and questions while managing HR&C data and common transactional processing; uses procedures, policies, knowledge database and other reference materials. Inquiries could include: pay, retirement, life event consultation, customer transaction/life event processing, relocation administration, employment verifications, talent planning assistance, development and performance administration, employee recognition, employee relations, benefits, and compensation. Ensures accuracy and consistency in case management data entry and commentary in Gateway technology
- Forwards complex inquiries to the appropriate resource in a seamless manner to the customer with appropriate follow up as needed
- Ensures receipt of appropriate documentation and storage; identifies and reports HR system issues related to appropriate documentation and storage
- Provides recommendations based on daily activities and call trends to update, simplify, and enhance processes, procedures, and technologies
- Assists with the implementation of new/redesigned programs, policies, and services providing feedback as the customer’s first line of contact
- Maintains and ensures integrity of HR database in processing of transactions and related forms
- Maintains and ensures integrity of HR data by reviewing, analyzing, and processing needed data updates based on HR system reports
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Knowledge and understanding of TVA HR, Benefits, Payroll and Unions
- Utilizes appropriate internal and external resources; shares knowledge with others
- Interprets data; able to recognize trends and assists others in interpreting and identifying trends
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Partnering with the Recruiting team to support the recruiting efforts for our Technology & Innovation business.
- Responsibilities include sourcing candidates from LinkedIn and other networks, screening candidates for technical skills, and working candidates through the process of applying for positions and ultimately being onboarded.
- Experience working as a recruiter in an IT environment a plus.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.