Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: April 12, 2021
Duration: Approx. 12 to 24 months
Location: Teleworking at the present time. In the long run, the job will involve working in the Chattanooga Office Complex 6 to 8 days per month, with the remaining days worked from home.
TVA Organization: Resource Management & Operation Services
Pay: $49 to $68 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@srehturaclj
- Lead and/or support change management initiatives to Implement project management estimating best practices, including usage of TVA’s enterprise estimating tool, iTWO
- Lead and/or support change management initiatives to Implement project management best practices
- Provide project analysis and reporting to ensure compliance, quality, and improved project performance
- Support the development and implementation of EPMO organizational initiatives related to continuous improvement, performance initiatives and gap closure
- Interface with Senior Management within EPMO and other TVA organizations in support of TVA initiatives, processes, and implementation of initiatives
- Provide expertise for project management, project estimating, cost , schedule , and scope management
- Assist projects leadership in identifying gaps and opportunities to improve organizational performance and effectiveness; lead and support analysis of opportunities for cost and benefit as well as risk and dependencies
- Mentor peers in EPMO and other business units on technology and tool usage
- Assist with coordination and planning for leadership meetings, project management forums, webinars, and staff meetings, including coordination of presenters and presentation materials
- Other duties as required to support project management
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, engineering, scientific, or related of study or equivalent related education, training and experience
- A solid understanding of Project Management as a foundation for EPMO technical solutions
- 10 or more years experience as a Project Manager, managing projects, project controls, or managing within a project management office is desired
- Knowledge of risk, cost, schedule, scope management, contingency development, & lessons learned as well as experience with project performance monitoring & detail analysis is required
- Solid understanding of Project Management
- Proficient on Project Estimating
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Innovative – Have a natural inclination for continuous improvement resulting in finding and implementing improvements for technical and business processes
- Team Player – Willing to be flexible, show respect, collaborate, support team, and share decisions and success. Work with cross-organizational and cross functional teams
- Leadership – Experience leading study and implementation of best practices and change management
- Project Management – Ability to investigate for data indicators for predicting project success and/or quantify project status. Project estimating skills based on scope, design, and comparisons to varying levels of accuracy. Ability to relate scope to estimate, project cost, and schedule.
- Knowledge of management of construction projects; in-house managed or contracted including vendor management, oversight of project status, cost, scope, quality, & schedule
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.