Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 12 to 18 months, may be extended
Location: This job will initially be a teleworking position.
It will become an on-site position in Chattanooga when TVA determines it is safe to return to the office.
TVA Organization: RMOS/Strategic Operations Solutions/Enterprise Project Management Office
Pay: $45 to $72 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 5:00, Monday through Friday (some flexibility)
Number of positions: 1 or more
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@htimslm
• Provide Project Management expertise in support of project management initiatives and oversight
• Investigate project performance for data indicators for predicting project success and/or quantify project status
• Provide recommendations for areas of analysis and potential project management tool or process change
• Provide change management leadership for technology and process initiative rollouts.
• Lead and support research efforts for industry advances in project management tools, process, and oversight
• Lead and support research efforts for industry practices in project management from a owner perspective for projects managed by external vendor partners
• Assist projects leadership in identifying gaps and opportunities to improve organizational performance and effectiveness; lead and support analysis of opportunities for cost and benefit as well as risk and dependencies
• Lead and support the development and implementation of EPMO initiatives related to continuous improvement, performance initiatives and gap closure.
• Support Senior Management and peers within EPMO and other TVA organizations in support of TVA initiatives, processes, and implementation of initiatives
• Provide expertise for project management, project estimating, cost , schedule , and scope management
• Assist with coordination and planning for leadership meetings, project management forums, webinars, and staff meetings, including coordination of presenters and presentation materials
• Other duties as required to support project management
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a business, engineering, scientific, or related of study or equivalent related education, training and experience. A strong understanding of Project Management as a foundation for all work performed in EPMO.
10 or more years experience as a Project Manager, managing projects, project controls, or managing within a project management office is desired. Knowledge of risk, cost, schedule, scope management, contingency development, & lessons learned as well as experience with project performance monitoring & detail analysis is required.
Project Performance & Initiatives
Utilize effective communication skills for verbal and written messages on diverse topics at varying levels of detail appropriate for the intended audience.
Change Management Skills
Proficient in change management techniques to improve understanding and of the reason, risk, return, and risk of a change and drive better acceptance
Ability to think and manage a road map to achieve specific goals
Experience with analyzing data for trends, performance, issues, and opportunities
Willing to be flexible, show respect, collaborate, support team, and share decisions and success. Work with cross-organizational and cross functional teams.
Ability to lead the standardization and coordination of performance improvement initiatives. Ability to lead process change, solutions, & cross organizational teams.
Ability to research a given project management discipline for published best practices, industry tools & techniques, benchmarks, and other utilities; and to bring recommendations to the team. Ability to partner with peers & leadership to set new standards and direction.
Ability to investigate for data indicators for predicting project success and/or quantify project status. Estimating & Scope Management knowledge beneficial for current & upcoming initiatives. Project estimating skills based on scope, design, and comparisons to varying levels of accuracy. Ability to relate scope to estimate, project cost, and schedule. Knowledge of management of construction projects; in-house managed or contracted including vendor management, oversight of project status, cost, scope, quality, & schedule
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.