Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 12 to 18 months, may be extended
Location: Knoxville Office Complex
TVA Organization: Human Resources
Pay: $39.00 to $49.00 per hour, depending on experience
Number of positions: 3
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@reyemeitws
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, computer science or other related field. Master’s degree preferred in related filed.
- Experience – 10 years’ experience in administration and reporting for HR related systems certification/license, etc. Certifications on associated software system(s) desired. SPHR a plus.
- Knowledge/skills/abilities — Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate expert use of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and a working knowledge of SQL.
- First-class communications skills are essential, as is the ability to persuade effectively.
- Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position/access requirements and essential job functions.
- Position may require up to 20% travel.
- 1 to 5 years Oracle PeopleSoft 9.1 experience required.
- Federal sensitive security clearance preferred.
- Understands and articulates the mission, vision, goals, strategic and tactical initiatives of Human Resources.
- Works with business leadership to translate the business capability needs and requirements into comprehensive integrated technology strategy and roadmap.
- Critically understands HR operations and systems to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Evaluates business problems and operational procedures to identify potential enhancements to assigned systems to meet changing business requirements.
- Translates business needs into functional requirements with an adequate business case including benefits and return on investment (ROI) for proposed technology programs and projects.
- Directs and manages the planning, design, implementation, and monitoring of major technology projects.
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Conducts benchmarking to identify areas with significant gaps or opportunities for improvement.
- Assists with communicating technology needs to it to ensure that technology priorities are established, prioritized, and driven to maximize value of technology investments.
- Works with it software developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and end user satisfaction.
- Develops testing plans and tests and reviews new and modified systems to ensure all programs and systems meet requestors business requirements, standards and guidelines, and efficiency requirements.
- Develops processes and business practices to improve efficiency and ensure compliance with agency and regulatory guidance key contributor in problem solving, reducing “non-value adding” activities, change management, development of training documentation, and conducting training classes on HR system technology.
- Responsible for more technical modules within HR systems as well as maintaining a broad understanding on other modules
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.