Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Approx. 12 to 24 months, may be extended
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: Environmental Compliance & Operations — Waste Permits Compliance & Monitoring
Pay: $37 to $46 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@reddurst
- Serves as the primary TVA technical expert in design and review of remedial action plans developed through projects
- Provides ongoing technical support to remedial projects
- Responsible for program development and management of activities required to fulfill environmental requirements. This activity includes approval of contracted environmental services to meet clients’ compliance activities and ensuring that services budgeted for are performed in a timely, competent, and cost-effective manner.
- Performs review of compliance projects, procedures, and reporting practices; conducts performance evaluations and develops reports defining environmental status with regard to legal liabilities and policy requirements.
- Develops and manages studies designed to benefit client operations or allow modifications of permit requirements and/or modifications in applying environmental regulations.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining regulatory relations that promote open discussions, effective communication, and positive relations between the regulatory community and clients’ operating facilities.
- Leads teams, meetings, and discussions, both internal and external, on remediation needs, project development, and ongoing support activities for CCR-related and other remedial efforts.
- Develops recommendations for overall program improvement, policy positions, and strategic direction based on his/her knowledge of the regulatory community, public involvement, and facility capabilities.
Education and Experience
- BS in Engineering (Civil, Chemical or Environmental preferred) or Environmental Science (Geology preferred) discipline or equivalent education and experience. A Master’s degree is desirable.
- Ten years or more of professional experience in the field of environmental permitting and compliance, and electric utility operations.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of environmental laws and regulations affecting power utility operations, utility engineering, TVA’s environmental policies and objectives, and scientific studies and research related to the environmental consequences of power utility operations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of disciplines and be proficient in negotiating complex issues.
- Must be able to evaluate the cost effectiveness of compliance alternatives and take decisive action in the planning and implementation of pollution control activities.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.