Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: Oct. 1, 2020
Duration: Approx. 3 months
Location: Cumberland Fossil Plant and/or Kingston Fossil Plant
TVA Organization: Generation Services – Power Service Shop Project Controls
Pay: $57 to $63 per hour, depending on experience, 1½ rate for overtime
Work Schedule: 6:00 am to 5:00 pm, 6 or 7 days week, depending on crew schedule
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@aeniwsal
- Plans, prepares, and coordinates project & organizational reports used to document status, variances, progress, track indicators, and control changes to multiple projects and/or production schedules.
- Developing manpower and equipment forecasts, schedule baselines, and recommending schedule adjustments.
- Assists in developing project prioritization by applying resource leveling/smoothing techniques utilized in a repair/maintenance facility production environment.
- Prepares summary & detail department/craft level schedule performance reports to keep plant/regional/project managers aware of overall outage schedule performance.
- Assists the production units by preparing various schedule scenarios and project benefit analysis.
- Applies resource leveling/smoothing techniques and prepares risk analysis reports & recommendations.
- Provides field support as required during outages & interfaces with engineering, plant, & partners on a continuous basis.
- Supports processes including lessons learned, schedule integration techniques, work management, and process improvement.
- Responsible for developing and establishing processes and procedures designed to standardize and replicate best practices for TVA’s turbine-generator fleet.
- Tracks the physical progress of multiple outage projects/production schedules to ensure work is developing as planned.
- Conducts project/equipment walk-downs to verify that progress reported is accurate and daily work-center/equipment line-ups are reflected in schedule and have proper work activities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field, or equivalent.
- Should possess a minimum of 7 years experience in a repair/maintenance facility production environment.
- Detailed knowledge of generating power plant systems (Fossil, Hydro, Nuclear) is desirable.
- Must have detailed knowledge of project control practices, methods, procedures.
- Certification by the Project Management Institute or AACE International is desirable as evidence of proficiency.
- Production Scheduling Techniques (CPM); Scheduling Software (Primavera 6); PC software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- General Project Management Concepts
- Cost and Schedule Integration Techniques
- Multiple Resource (manpower/equip.)
- Forecasts/ Analysis
- Work Production Practices
- Resource/leveling, smoothing techniques
- TVA Systems (Maximo, BIDS)
- Multi-networking integration methodologies
- Engineering & Administrative procedures, policies, standards, safety rules
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of plant systems & equipment
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.