Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 18 to 24 months
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: Generation Projects & Fleet Services — Environmental
Pay: $48 to $60 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@namraepjp
- This position will support development of a project scheduling program for EC&O to support business plan initiatives.
- This position will be the direct interface support for all GC and Valley Projects work going forward for EC&O.
- This employee must have extensive experience building P6 web programs, and be able to develop this for EC&O to increase efficiency with schedule tracking and reporting.
- Plans, schedules, and monitors schedule performance of daily (on-line) integrated field and shop projects.
- Develops the work sequence structure for a project to ensure effective control of risk management issues, efficient and cost effective work sequencing, resource allocation and equipment outage time constraints.
- Periodically reviews the project status by analyzing actual physical progress and reported activity completions and comparing that information to the project schedule.
- Documents project progress and changes, forecasts project cost and schedule impacts and communicates progress updates and projections to team members.
- Conducts schedule review meetings to formulate solutions and approaches for schedule logic and resource problem areas.
- Prepares summary and detail level reports which are the fundamental monitoring tool to identify progress and problems with projects.
- Develops the pre-outage plan for system schedules, startup and shutdown sequences, major operational windows, and resource assignment and levelization.
- Presents these plans to the implementation team and facilitates the evaluation phase of outage projects.
- Coordinates with various customer and stakeholder organizations on the status of work being performed and processes logic change requests while analyzing these impacts on the schedule and resource allocation.
- Utilizes the lessons learned from other projects to identify potential risk exposures and needed activities and logic changes.
- Performs risk analysis of the project plan to determine how to achieve reduced levels of risk while maintaining safety and technical specification adherence.
- Operates in a teamwork environment to resolve schedule constraints. Interfaces with system engineers, design engineers, operations, maintenance personnel and senior management.
- Utilizes various computer operating systems and languages to transfer information in batch mode from the schedule to other databases.
- Develops various schedule performance reports, work status listings, computer code structures and resource analysis formats.
Education and Experience
- B.S. Degree in a related technical field, or equivalent related education, training & experience.
- Should possess a minimum of 8 years experience in a repair/maintenance facility production environment.
- Detailed knowledge of generating power plant systems (Fossil, Hydro, and Nuclear) is desirable.
- Must have detailed knowledge of project control practices, methods, procedures.
- Certification by the Project Management Institute or AACE International is desirable as evidence of proficiency; or willingness to pursue certifications within one year of employment if not already certified.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.