Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Approx. 24 months
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: Environmental Compliance and Operations
Pay: $46 to $58 per hour, depending on experience
Number of positions: 2
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.ivbymnull@llewditss
These positions are needed to support development of a project scheduling program for EC&O to support business plan initiatives.
- Plans, schedules, and monitors schedule performance of daily (on-line) integrated field and shop projects.
- Develops the work sequence structure for a project to ensure effective control of risk management issues, efficient and cost effective work sequencing, resource allocation and equipment outage time constraints.
- Periodically reviews the project status by analyzing actual physical progress and reported activity completions and comparing that information to the project schedule.
- Documents project progress and changes, forecasts project cost and schedule impacts and communicates progress updates and projections to team members.
- Conducts schedule review meetings to formulate solutions and approaches for schedule logic and resource problem areas.
- Prepares summary and detail level reports which are the fundamental monitoring tool to identify progress and problems with projects.
- Develops the pre-outage plan for system schedules, startup and shutdown sequences, major operational windows, and resource assignment and levelization.
- Presents these plans to the implementation team and facilitates the evaluation phase of outage projects.
- Coordinates with various customer and stakeholder organizations on the status of work being performed and processes logic change requests while analyzing these impacts on the schedule and resource allocation.
- Utilizes the lessons learned from other projects to identify potential risk exposures and needed activities and logic changes.
- Performs risk analysis of the project plan to determine how to achieve reduced levels of risk while maintaining safety and technical specification adherence.
- Operates in a teamwork environment to resolve schedule constraints.
- Interfaces with system engineers, design engineers, operations, maintenance personnel and senior management.
- Utilizes various computer operating systems and languages to transfer information in batch mode from the schedule to other databases.
- Develops various schedule performance reports, work status listings, computer code structures and resource analysis formats.
Education and Experience
- B.S. Degree in a related technical field, or equivalent related education, training & experience.
- Should possess a minimum of 8 years experience in a repair/maintenance facility production environment.
- Detailed knowledge of generating power plant systems (Fossil, Hydro, and Nuclear) is desirable. Must have detailed knowledge of project control practices, methods, procedures.
- Certification by the Project Management Institute or AACE International is desirable as evidence of proficiency; or willingness to pursue certifications within one year of employment if not already certified.
Must be able and willing to assume “on-call” rotational assignments which may include 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week availability. Must be willing and medically able to work rotating shifts and maximum overtime permitted by procedures during peak periods. Must be able and willing to travel to plant locations as required when performing assigned tasks and, as necessary, to be temporarily assigned to field location. Less than 10% travel expected.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.