Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Approx. 6 to 12 months, may be extended
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: Transmission Power and Telecom, Capital and O&M Programs
Pay: $41.00 to $51.00 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@snavetB
A Project Control Specialist is needed to assist with the current workload for Transmission Power and Telecom, Capital and O&M Programs, for the following:
— Creating and maintaining Primavera P6 schedules
— Setting up projects in PowerPlan
— Updating project actuals at month end.
- Develop and implement standard methods for project performance monitoring, reporting, analysis, trend assessment, scheduling, and estimating.
- Facilitate programs to ensure establishment and analysis of specific operational and process improvement plans used for goal setting, project cost and benefit estimates, performance indicators/targets, benchmarking, baselining, and trending.
- Assist in the development and approval of project contracts and revisions there to, prepare/obtain approval for contractor work authorizations (cwa) and revisions there to, monitor expenditures for usage trends, issues, etc. Lead/manage the process ensuring the integrity of the process, resolving pending/outstanding requests, reconciling encumbrances and pending tasks with financial systems as required.
- Provide project cost/schedule performance analyses and recommendations to improve project cost /schedule performance to applicable project managers/engineers.
- Perform cost/benefit analyses and enters data into the project justification system database.
- Prepare project approval packages and all associated documentation.
- Assist project managers/engineers and line organizations in developing project budgets and establish project reporting structures.
- Monitor and forecast performance in comparison to performance plan and long range project plan objectives.
- Assist project managers in developing project work sequence structures that ensure effective control of risk management issues, efficient resource allocation, and critical path identification.
- Ensure project milestones and resource needs (man hours and dollars) are loaded into the applicable cost and schedule tool(s).
- Using cost and scheduling tools, levelize resources for all projects. Conduct project schedule review meetings and scheduling sessions during scoping workshops.
- Conduct special studies, for example: project forecasting, o&m projects, etc.
- Research, write, and submit all fixed assets accounting classification requests for formal determination of capital projects. Provide written project closure notifications and does root cause analysis to explain project cost, schedule, and performance variances.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or financial/business field, or several years of progressively more difficult project control experience.
- Detailed knowledge of project control practices, methods, procedures.
- Must have successfully completed the Project Control Progression Plan and/or other stated qualifications.
- Certification by Project Management Institute or AACE is desired.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted nuclear plant access and S-3 and S-4 medical qualifications when applicable.
- Must be able and willing to assume “on call” rotational assignments which may include 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week availability.
- Must be willing and medically able to work rotating shifts and maximum overtime permitted by TVAN procedures during peak periods.
- Must be able and willing to travel to plant/field locations as required when performing assigned tasks and, as necessary, to be temporarily assigned to a field location.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.