Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: For the Wilson Hydro Plant the start date is approximately September 16, 2019; for the Cherokee Hydro Plant the start date is approximately December 16, 2019
Duration: On site 3 to 6 months
Location: Wilson Hydro Plant (near Muscle Shoals / Florence, AL), Cherokee Hydro Plant (near Morristown, TN), and potentially other TVA plant locations
TVA Organization: Generation Projects & Support Services
Pay: $47 to $55 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: Full time, Monday through Friday, potentially Saturdays and Sundays, may be either day shift or night shift
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@seyahlk
- Plans, schedules, and monitors schedule performance of daily-integrated Construction Projects. Develops the work sequence and tracking structure for a project to ensure effective control of risk management issues, efficient and cost effective work sequencing, budget use, resource allocation, and equipment Outage time constraints.
- Periodically reviews the project status by analyzing actual physical progress and reported activity completions and comparing that information to the project schedule. Documents project progress and changes, forecasts project cost and schedule impacts, and communicates progress updates and projections to team members.
- Conducts schedule review meetings and prepares summary and detail level reports, which are the fundamental monitoring tool to identify progress and problems with Projects. Develops the pre-Outage plan for work schedules, start-up and shut-down, and resources levelization.
- Presents these plans to the Construction Management and Joint Project Team members and facilitates the evaluation phase of the Outage implementation Pojects.
- Coordinates with various customer and stakeholder organizations on the status of work being performed and processes logic change requests while analyzing these impacts on the schedule and resource allocation.
- Utilizes Lessons Learned from other projects to identify potential risk exposures and needed activities and logic changes.
- Performs risk analysis of the Project Plan to determine how to achieve reduced levels of risk while maintaining Safety and technical specification adherence.
- Operates in a teamwork environment to resolve schedule constraints. Develops and presents various schedule performance reports, and work status and budget status reports.
- Update schedule (Constructors Other Than PSS)
- Roll data date.
- Lead daily schedule update meetings.
- 5 day look-aheads for All / Electrical / Piping.
- Complete daily Plan of the Day (POD) reports.
- Run daily cost report for Cognos.
- Track daily headcount and graph for reports.
- Schedule Daily Starts vs. Finishes by Group, i.e., PSS, Voith, GE, etc., and Graph for Reports.
- Update Project Construction Readiness Check Sheet for Reports.
- Keep Abreast of SPI and CPI for Project.
- Track Hard Spots and / or Areas of Concern Until Resolved.
- Update Safety Event Tracking Report based on Headcount Reports.
- Maintain Project Control Log.
- Secure Signature All Approvals on PCRs from Project Engineer, Project Manager, Construction Manager, Plant Manager, and Regional Manager.
- Maintain Joint Project Team Meeting Action Items.
- Type and distribute Joint Project Team Minutes from Project.
- Active member of Joint Project Team.
- Prepare weekly Construction Manager’s Report.
- File Shift Turnover Reports and PSS Daily Reports.
- Schedule conference calls on daily issues (i.e., head covers, discharge ring machining, etc.).
- Initiate Procurement Requests.
- Create and review Work Orders.
- Approve invoices.
- Receive materials (as needed when Inventory Control Coordinator is out of office).
- Receive materials and approve invoices for other sites as needed.
- Conduct contractor orientation for contractors arriving onsite.
- Track Lessons Learned.
- Request and complete badging requests.
- Approve badging and access requests as needed for other sites.
- Schedule training for contactors arriving onsite.
- Request training reports as needed for contractors arriving onsite.
- Request access to contractors arriving osite.
- Fill in as Construction Manager as needed.
- Perform safety observations daily.
- Arrange with Environmental Shipments by providing detailed information, bushing sizes, weight, oil content, serials numbers, etc. Label as needed for shipment.
- Print and copy safety messages for crews and put in mail boxes.
- Take pictures for reporting and to assist during reassembly and documentation of project.
- Write reports as needed; weekly reports, Inside TVA Newsletter articles as requested, fiscal year accomplishment reports as requested, quarterly newsletter articles for Construction Management, develop draft presentations for senior project manager and senior manager, construction projects as requested, request computer access to systems as needed as new team members are selected, create agendas as needed for meetings, maintain action items, record minutes, and initiate invitations.
- Maintain files of correspondence, GE, Voith, scoping documents, PSS, etc.
- Maintain Project Decision Log.
- Maintain Project Delay Log.
- Process TVA 40156 forms for other sites as needed.
Education and Experience
- B.S. degree in a related technical field, or equivalent related education, training and experience.
- A minimum of 8 years in the role of a Project Control Specialist or equivalent experience in a generation facility production environment.
- Detailed knowledge of generating power plant systems (Fossil, Hydro, and Gas) is desirable. Must have detailed knowledge of Project Control practices, methods, procedures.
- Certification by the Project Management Institute or AACE International is desirable as evidence of proficiency.
- Must be able and willing to assume “on-call” rotational assignments, which may include 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week availability. Must be willing and medically able to work Day or Night shift and overtime.
- Responsible for supporting mutiple construction projects at one time.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management within and external to TVA.
- Must have the skills, ability, and experience commensurate with the size and complexity of the work scope.
- Strong facilitative leadership skills, good time-management, writing, computer (Micro-soft suite of products), and speaking skills, ability to function effectively in a team environment, strong focus on results, self motivated, with high personal and ethical standards.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent interpersonal skills, analysis, working understanding of major procurement and construction contracting, cost accounting, budgeting, and scheduling is required.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a Sensitive Security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.