Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 12 to 18 months, may be extended
Location: This job will initially be a teleworking position.
It will become an on-site position in Chattanooga when TVA determines it is safe to return to the office.
TVA Organization: RMOS/Strategic Operations Solutions/Enterprise Project Management Office
Pay: $35 to $58 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 5:00, Monday through Friday (some flexibility)
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@htimslm
• Provide project analysis and reporting to ensure compliance, quality, and improved project performance
• Implement and improve technology solutions that aid in project execution and oversite including performance indicators, analytics, trending, and variance metrics for cost, schedule, and scope
• Act as business liaison with IT for Project Management application, tool, and database requirements, design decisions, testing, and business change approval.
• Act as a business system administrator including configuration, permissions, and operational tasks required by project management applications, tools, and technology solutions.
• Prototype usage of approved TVA technology available to the business and implement technology solutions
• Assist leadership in identifying opportunities to improve organizational performance and effectiveness
• Support the development and implementation of EPMO organizational initiatives related to continuous improvement, performance initiatives and gap closure.
• Interface with Senior Management within EPMO and other TVA organizations in support of TVA initiatives, processes, and implementation of initiatives
• Mentor peers in EPMO and other business units on technology and tool usage
• Provide support to review suspected data issues or answer questions using adhoc data queries
• Assist with coordination and planning for leadership meetings, project management forums, webinars, and staff meetings, including coordination of presenters and presentation materials
• Other duties as required to support project management
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, engineering, scientific, or related of study or equivalent related education, training and experience. A solid understanding of Project Management as a foundation for EPMO technical solutions.
- 7 or more years experience working on or leading projects in roles such as : Estimator, Project Manager, Project Controls, Scheduler, Risk Manager, Business Lead, Construction Manager, PMO , project planner, or project reporting is desired
Data & Technology
Ability to learn new computer tools and new software and develop expertise on the system
Proficient in report or dashboard development. Proficient in SQL essentials. Experience with Tableau, MS Access, Toad, and SQL Server Management Studio
Data Analysis & Design
Experience with development & monitoring with metrics, trends, performance indicators & analytics. Experience mapping application & business data to reporting views/solutions
Prepared to use care and attentiveness for tool adjustments, monitoring and tracking issues, overseeing automated processes, & security administration
Have a natural inclination for continuous improvement resulting in finding and implementing improvements for technical and business processes
Quality Assurance Diligence
Experienced with testing software, data, and/or reports for accuracy across various use cases. Ability to write test plans and document results
Ability to analyze an issue and find commonalities/anomalies to determine potential root cause
Willing to be flexible, show respect, collaborate, support team, and share decisions and success. Work with cross-organizational and cross functional teams
Experience leading study and implementation of technical solutions
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.