Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Approx. 6 to 12 months
Location: This is a teleworking position at the present time, but it will transition to the Chattanooga Office Complex when conditions permit.
TVA Organization: Supply Chain
Pay: $21 to $26 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday; work hours are typically 8:00 to 4:45, but there is some flexibility in the start time.
To apply, email your resume to: gro.ivbymnull@worrabc
Seeking someone with experience working as a Procurement Agent in Supply Chain. Will also consider those with Maximo experience, for example Business Support Reps.
- Fully performs both standard and non-standard transactions associated with the supply chain job family.
- Typical duties include selecting, applying, and explaining procedures and practices to identify and resolve discrepancies, research information sources, and document and coordinate results.
- Typical duties may include: contracting/procurement interviews suppliers for and conducts local sourcing activities for nominal products and services not covered by pre-sourced contracts.
- Executes contracts, agreements, and/or releases in support of these sourcing efforts.
- Prepares supplier documentation/procedures to ensure compliance with requirements such as prevailing wages, insurance, invoicing, etc.
- Coordinates evaluation of suppliers with customers upon completion of work.
- Conducts post-performance analysis.
- Materials/inventory planning prepares material release documents and purchase requisitions based on requests from end users.
- Expedites materials for all assigned activities.
- Investment recovery sells surplus material, schedules transportation, and resolves transportation claims.
- Partnerships responds to diverse and valley businesses on standard and non-standard matters and plans supplier events.
- Reporting creates requisitions and enters procurement transactions into supply chain management software.
- Keys data into various business reporting systems and runs standard and non-standard reports such as procurement data and supplier performance reports.
- Creates presentation documents and flowcharts/diagrams.
- Maintains tracking of performance indicators using spreadsheets.
Education and Experience
- B.S. degree in business administration or related field or equivalent experience.
- Participation in CM/CA training modules is desired.
- Several years’ experience performing work at the administrative professional level or equivalent is desired.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.