Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Approx. 12 months, may be extended
Location: Various outage locations, travel will be required
TVA Organization: Generation Services, Field Services, Outage Execution
Pay: $41.49 to $51.88 per hour, depending on experience
Number of positions: 1 or more
Work Schedule: Work hours will vary depending on outage needs
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@niwdooglm
1. With oversight from the Outage Manager, develops plans and supervises implementation of planned outages at non-Nuclear generation facilities from initial planning through final project closure.
2. Directs and monitors outage progress. Provides employee, craft, and contractor direction, to ensure work flow is supporting overall outage objectives, while maintaining highest standards for safety, environmental compliance, quality, and housekeeping.
3. Provides oversight of plant, partner, contractor, and LTSA work activities to maintain knowledge of work status and ensure optimum work flow.
4. Oversees development of work packages, step text, Job Safety Analysis, purchase orders, and material reports.
5. Ensures work is properly planned to always reinforce safety, environmental compliance, continuous improvement, and encourages employee engagement, inclusion, feedback, and lessons learned.
6. Interfaces with site Maintenance group to ensure efficient use of resources for plant work orders.
7. Reports and communicates with site management, Generation Services leadership, and other key stakeholders outage progress and any emergent issues on a periodic basis set forth by the Outage Manager.
8. Provides periodic updates to site management with analysis of the schedule and progress of the outage plan and budget. Resolves conflict and priority changes for safe, efficient work flow and positive outage progress.
9. Coordinates with engineering, operations, technical support, and management to resolve emergent issues. Assesses and prioritize scope changes and impacts to outage plan and budget.
10. Supports cost tracking and outage budget forecasting.
11. Performs periodic safety walkdowns to ensure safe work practices, quality, and housekeeping standards met.
12. Documents “as found” and “as left” conditions for assessment. Ensures post-maintenance and functional testing is successfully completed prior to Maintenance Release.
13. Immediately terminates any activity not carried out in accordance with applicable procedures, specifications, regulations, requirements, or acceptable practices that jeopardizes safety, equipment, or power generation.
Education and Experience
— Bachelors degree in engineering, or other related technical degree, or equivalent education, training and experience
— 5 to 8 years of experience in the electric utility industry, with 3 to 5 years in project management, major maintenance, or combustion/steam turbine, and/or 5 years planned outage management/direction experience
— Knowledge of combustion or steam turbine components, component repair technologies, industrial mechanical disassembly and reassembly practices.
— Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
— Proficiency in Microsoft products and experience with Primavera is a plus.
— Maximo user knowledge required.
— Must be capable of travel and working at multiple locations.
— Project Management Certification is desirable.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.