Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Approx. 12 months, may be extended
Number of positions: 1 or more
Location: Various outage locations; travel will be required.
TVA Organization: Generation Services, Field Services, Outage Execution
Pay: $43.41 to $59.66 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: Work hours will vary according to outage needs
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@niwdooglm
1. Directs Integrated Outage planning and execution at single or multiple outages and locations in cooperation with the Asset Owners.
2. Facilitates and ensures collaboration and communication between key outage stakeholders throughout all stages of the outage planning process.
3. Provides input during the business planning process on outage scopes, schedules and budgets.
4. Ensures Regulatory Compliance, Capital and O&M Projects, and Corporate directives are accomplished in accordance with approved procedures and processes, and executed to in a quality manner that meets approved goals and objectives, and aligns with the Business Plan scope, schedule, and budget.
5. Responsible for overall outage objectives being met with highest standards for safety, environmental compliance, quality, and housekeeping. Responsible for monitoring the progress of planning, design, procurement, work plan/procedure generation, materials, and detailed integrated schedule development.
6. Ensures work is planned in a manner that always reinforces safety, environmental compliance, continuous improvement, and encourages employee engagement, alignment, inclusion, feedback, and lessons learned. Develops work packages, step text, Job Safety Analysis, purchase orders, and material tracking reports.
7. Coordinate with engineering, operations, technical support, and management to resolve emergent issues impacting plant equipment, or outage. Assess and prioritize scope changes and impacts to plan and budget.
8. Interface with the Asset Owners to plan efficient use of plants resources for maintenance scope. Ensure integrated schedule provides a conservative safety margin providing a challenging, optimal implementation.
9. Responsible for providing periodic updates to site management with analysis of the schedule and progress of the outage plan and budget. Perform walkdowns to ensure safety, quality, and housekeeping standards met.
10. Provide oversight and direction to plant, partner, contractor, or LTSA contractor work activities for optimum work flow. Ensure safety, quality, and best economic approach to TVA to return the unit to reliable operation.
11. Interface with respective managers to assess priorities and remedial actions to resolve discrepancies or conflicts. Document “as found” / “as left” conditions for assessment, and requiring adequate equipment and system PMT functional testing to ensure successful Maintenance Release and return to service.
12. Immediately terminates any activity that jeopardizes personnel safety, equipment, or unit operation not per applicable procedures, specification, regulation, requirements, or acceptable practices.
Education and Experience
— Bachelors degree in a technical field or equivalent education, training and experience. Minimum five years’ experience in power plant maintenance and/or operations. Experience in planning technical activities associated with power plants. Competent in technical matters related to safety and engineering aspects to manage outages successfully.
— Must be able to communicate effectively with employees and management at all levels. Innovative and analytical; work well under pressure with changing priorities: effectively manage programs and personnel. Demonstrated negotiating and critical thinking skills. Must have knowledge of contract management, service agreements, project management, and business planning, as well as computer software programs utilized in planning process; comprehensive knowledge of environmental and safety standards for protection of personnel and equipment. Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position/access requirements and essential job functions. Must be capable of travel and working at multiple locations.
— Project Management Certification is desirable.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.