Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 9 to 24 months
Location: Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant, Athens AL
TVA Organization: TVA Nuclear
Pay: $37 to $46 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 6:00 AM to 4:00 PM, four days a week
Please note, the schedule may change this fall to 5 ten-hour days or 6 ten-hour days per week.
See information below regarding overtime requirements.
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@5spasllimeM
This position will provide TVA’s contractor oversight role for the electrical distribution project at bfn. Candidate shall have both prior craft and supervisory experience, prior experience on a construction oversight role as well as knowledge of electrical and civil construction practices. An added bonus would be knowledge in cooling tower replacement (for future projects)
The BFN 161kv project requires significant oversight of non-mmc/non-nuclear experienced contractors to insure compliance with TVA standards as well as breaking down barriers for work execution. This position replaces the task manager that retired after the completion of the Athens portion of the project
- Assumes responsibility for significant work components within large projects.
- Writes/reviews maintenance and modification work orders.
- Provides technical support to craft personnel.
- Determines required resources, investigates equipment to worked on, both in the field and on paper, and reviews drawings, vendor manuals and procedures.
- Coordinates scope and detail of work assignments, including safety concerns, clearances, plant instructions, required parts, and necessary limitations in order to ensure smooth flow of job activities.
May supervise, coordinate, and review the work of other specialists and craft.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree or equivalent or high school diploma with practical experience in maintenance craft, planning, or other technical areas.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted nuclear plant access and s-3 and s-4 medical qualifications when applicable.
- Must be able and willing to assume “on-call” rotational assignments which may include 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week availability.
- Must be willing and medically able to work rotating shifts and maximum overtime permitted by TVAN procedures during peak periods.
- Must be able and willing to travel to plant locations as required when performing assigned tasks and, as necessary, to be temporarily assigned to a field location.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.