Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 12 months
Location: 1 position in Knoxville, 1 in Chattanooga
TVA Organization: Resources & River Management, Environmental Compliance & Operations
Pay: Commensurate with experience
Work Schedule: Full time, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@skcajrs
Ensure compliance with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and other related federal regulations and executive orders.
- Provides NEPA consultation, guidance and oversight and serves as an advisor to TVA managers and line organizations in the application of environmental review requirements for proposed actions that have the potential to affect the environment. Provides NEPA project management for TVA operating organizations for actions requiring environmental impact statements (EISs) and environmental assessments (EAs). This includes the consideration of alternatives and recommendations to reduce the environmental impact of TVA’s proposed actions, to prevent pollution, to promote sustainable development and to enhance the environment. Also identifies and assesses measurements to improve the effectiveness of the NEPA process in the accomplishment of TVA corporate and program objectives. Requires the management of multiple complex projects with numerous technical issues and provides guidance and direction to more junior level employees including the oversight of project specific tasks assigned.
- Advises management on the required level of NEPA review for TVA proposed actions and need for public involvement.
- Advices management on adequacy determinations of environmental reviews conducted for proposed TVA actions.
- Provides NEPA project management for TVA operating organizations for multiple and often complex actions requiring EISs and EAs. This includes (a) developing plans, schedules, and budgets for conducting these environmental reviews; (b) organizing and managing teams of technical specialists to conduct the reviews and prepare EISs and EAs; (c) developing communication plans related to NEPA review for project proposals; (d) organizing and conducting public involvement activities, including public meetings; (e) publishing and distributing draft and final EISs and EAs according to the project schedule.
- Serves as a TVA liaison to federal/state regulatory agencies and the private sector with respect to the NEPA process on proposed actions.
- Provides expert guidance to the TVA effort in assigned areas to respond to outside comments and questions on the NEPA process and environmental impact of proposed actions and alternatives. Prepares official agency NEPA announcements and decisions in the proper application of the NEPA process to their activities.
Education – B.S. Degree in the environmental sciences or environmental engineering; or equivalent education, training & experience. An advanced degree is desired.
Experience – Six years of experience in the environmental review field with experience in project management and the preparation of environmental assessments and impact statements.
Certification/License, etc — None
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — Demonstrated ability to facilitate large and diverse groups, and to build teams, and work in a team environment is required. Must also possess working knowledge of the NEPA process, project management skills, environmental sciences, environmental planning and evaluation, environmental regulations, and TVA policies, procedures and organizational structures. Must have demonstrated collaboration, leadership and diplomacy/tact with dealing with internal and external parties on critical/sensitive issues and represented TVA competently and professionally in dealings with external public officials, industry representatives, special interest groups, individuals and regulatory agencies. Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and computer skills, including working knowledge of project management software. Must be able to demonstrate TVA’s values in day-to-day work examples and ability to manage multiple cross-organization and -agency projects. Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.