Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: July 8, 2019
Duration: Up to 1 year
Location: Sequoyah Nuclear Plant
TVA Organization: Nuclear Power Group
Pay: Commensurate with experience.
Level B – $40 to $50 per hour. Higher pay if filled at higher level.
Number of positions: 1 or 2
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday. See additional details under “Other Requirements” below
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@wolnocrf
Oversee the Mechanical Design portion of multiple projects being actively done by AE firms:
— Fuel Transfer System Upgrade
— Digital Turbine Controls
— Hi-Hi Level Switch SPV Elimination
— U2 Penetration 9
— CCW Pump Controls Upgrade
— DG Fire Damper Abandonment
— Provide support needed for Fuel Transition from AREVA to Westinghouse
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or other related engineering degrees from an accredited curriculum, plus appropriate continuing education.
- Licensed Professional Engineer desirable.
- Membership in professional and technical societies is desirable.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in mechanical engineering as evidenced by completion of Engineering Graduate Progression Plan or equivalent post engineering graduate education and experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted nuclear plant access and S-3 and S-4 medical qualifications when applicable.
- Must be able and willing to assume “on-call” rotational assignments which may include 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week availability.
- Must be willing and medically able to work rotating shifts and maximum overtime permitted by TVAN procedures during peak periods.
- Must be able and willing to travel to plant locations as required when performing assigned tasks and, as necessary, to be temporarily assigned to a field location.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.