Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: Dec. 3, 2018
Duration: 12 to 24 months
Location: Watts Bar Nuclear Plant — Spring City, TN
TVA Organization: Nuclear Power Group
Pay: $45 to $56 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@ocnaibak
MOV Design Engineer needed to perform hands-on design and calculation work.
- Nuclear MOV testing and signature trace analysis is required.
- Previous unescorted access to Nuclear facility is required.
- MOV actuator experience with diagnosing and troubleshooting skills.
- Valve internal experience with diagnosing and troubleshooting skills.
- Degreed Engineer, Mechanical, PE preferred but not required with requisite experience.
- Qualified to perform Design Engineering Calculations with Motor Operated Valves at Nuclear Plants.
- Previous Nuclear Utility experience is a plus.
- Experience with MIDAS or KVAP software for MOV design calculations is a plus.
- Must be able and willing to travel to plant locations as required when performing assigned tasks and, as necessary, to be temporarily assigned to a field location.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted nuclear plant access and S-3 and S-4 medical qualifications when applicable.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.