Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 2+ years
Location: Knoxville Office Complex (KOC)
TVA Organization: Generation Construction Projects and Services
Pay: $46 to $57 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: Four 10-hour days, with possible overtime/weekend work during construction phase
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@grebherlr
Mechanical engineer needed to work on KOC improvement project team.
The KOC improvement project involves multiple renovations to the interior and exterior of the KOC. The KOC HVAC system will be replaced. This system consists of chillers, gas boilers, air handling units, cooling towers, pumps, etc.
Any experience working on similar chiller/boiler type HVAC systems in a high rise office building would be great. This individual will also be involved in engineering design reviews, construction management and startup/commissioning activities of the new system.
- Technically supervises a unit of engineers and technicians engaged in the performance of designs, maintenance support, and inspections for generating plants and their auxiliaries, locks, and dams.
- Plans, schedules and directs the work of the unit to support schedules and budgets.
- Responsible for resource planning and utilization.
- Reviews work to assure technical adequacy and accuracy of design, drawings, technical reports and data produced in the unit.
- Provides coaching and feedback to supervised employees.
- Responsible for unit productivity.
- The incumbent is expected to be able to competently perform any and all job duties of the senior level positions.
- May plan, develop, coordinate, lead and direct the performance of one or more large projects or a number of smaller projects with complex features.
- The incumbent is responsible for the business as well as the technical aspects of the entire project.
- Business responsibilities include, but are not limited to, budget, schedule, cost analysis and forecasting, work planning, monitoring and controlling expenditures, and change control.
- Leads a project team including all engineering disciplines, project controls, engineering consultants, the constructor, production, and others performing work on or supporting the project.
- Ensures that valid requirements are identified and satisfied, assists in the approval process, approves project change requests within approved project limits, allocates contingency, ensures that start-up and turnover are conducted satisfactorily and conducts lessons learned reviews at project completion.
- The incumbent will not be responsible for the supervisory administrative duties of performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, selections, leave approval, promotions and pay changes.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Eight or more years of comprehensive design experience as demonstrated by several years of progressive experience as a mechanical engineer (design) at the senior level.
- Evidence of professional development through continuing education, membership in professional organizations, and publications.
- License as a professional engineer is highly desirable (may be required in accordance with TVA business practice 15).
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.