Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 9 to 24 months
Location: Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant, Decatur AL
TVA Organization: Nuclear Power Group
Pay: $29 to $37 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@5spasllimeM
The BFN 161KV project and upcoming cooling tower/cooling tower lift pump projects require a dedicated person to track material and service contracts and purchase orders, identify delivery issues and resolve stock / work order issues.
This position will source and track material orders, stock requisitions and contracts/purchase orders for large BFN projects including electrical distribution systems and cooling tower improvements. Candidate must work well with both internal and external stakeholders and provide material shortage and look ahead reports.
- Serves in lead role as nuclear site material inventory coordinator by attending and providing supply chain representation in site meetings.
- Coordinates with plant management to ensure an awareness of the latest status of plant material needs for all plant activities including major and forced outages
- Communicates with supply chain management, vendors, material analysts, procurement agents, material handlers, etc., to ensure current knowledge of inventory strategies and specific state of existing inventory and availability
- Commits material resources on behalf of the plant site procurement organization regarding the availability, status, time-frame, options and alternatives for the plant requested materials.
- Follows up through the plant supply chain to ensure that commitments made during site meetings are met.
Education and Experience
- B.S. degree in a business or supply chain-related field of study; or equivalent education, training & experience.
- Completion of CM/CA training modules.
- Eight or more years of experience in business management and/or supply chain-related functions such as procurement, inventory analysis, business planning, transportation regulations; basic equipment operation, life-cycle costs analysis and value analysis.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing with engineering, maintenance and operations managers, site management up to and including the site vice president, suppliers, and supply chain support personnel.
- Must have the ability to analyze reports and data and determine problem areas and recommend solutions.
- Knowledge of supply chain software and reporting systems and basic inventory management practices and procedures.
- Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI. In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.