Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 12 to 18 months
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: IT Planning and Operations
Pay: $19 to $24 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.ivbymnull@nosirrahmd
Management Assistant needed to help the new director of IT Planning and Operations, coordinate his schedule and assist with the office management functions for IT P&O.
- This position is responsible for providing a wide range of administrative and general support services.
- May also serve as the second chair in support of an VP or higher position.
- Duties are performed on a largely independent basis within established guidelines. Incumbent ensures conformance to the administrative and clerical policies and procedures for the office.
- Ensures office administrative policies and procedures are followed and consistent with those established for the organization.
- Prioritizes the supervisor’s time through scheduling meetings, keeping the calendar, and making travel arrangements.
- Provides supporting material and information for meetings as directed.
- Processes proprietary/confidential matters and maintains confidentiality.
- Reviews incoming mail, assesses urgency, and prioritizes responses.
- Makes travel arrangements and requests reimbursement for travel expenses.
- Prepares and reviews responses in conformance to TVA’s and the office’s policies and procedures.
- May provide guidance to clerical staff.
- Serves in emergency operation centers as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Education – High School Degree or equivalent is required; post high school education is desirable.
- Experience – Should have approximately two or more years experience as Administrative Associate or equivalent.
- Certification/License, etc. – Certified Professional Secretary certification is desirable.
- Must have a professional demeanor; be highly organized; and have a high level of tact, integrity, and flexibility.
- Ability to multi-task working in a team environment, yet work independently at times with minimal supervision.
- A general knowledge of TVA’s overall programs, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to perform non-routine assignments with minimum supervision while using initiative and good judgment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and applicable PC packages.
- Internet savvy; experience with databases, scheduling, project management, and web based tools.
- Familiarity with TVA automated/on-line systems such as payroll, correspondence tracking, and travel.
- Must be willing to participate in overtime assignments as necessitated by work demands and schedules.
- Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.