Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Approx. 6 months, may be extended
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: Human Resources
Pay: $18.00 to $23.00 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@snhojda
This position is responsible for providing a wide range of administrative and general support services. May also serve as the second chair in support of a VP or higher position.
- Duties are performed on a largely independent basis within established guidelines.
- Incumbent ensures conformance to the administrative and clerical policies and procedures for the office.
- Ensures office administrative policies and procedures are followed and consistent with those established for the organization.
- Prioritizes the supervisor’s time through scheduling meetings, keeping the calendar, and making travel arrangements.
- Provides supporting material and information for meetings as directed.
- Processes proprietary/confidential matters and maintains confidentiality.
- Reviews incoming mail, assesses urgency, and prioritizes responses. Makes travel arrangements and requests reimbursement for travel expenses.
- Prepares and reviews responses in conformance to TVA’s and the office’s policies and procedures.
- May provide guidance to clerical staff.
- Serves in emergency operation centers as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Education – high school degree or equivalent is required; post high school education is desirable.
- Experience – should have approximately two or more years experience as administrative associate or equivalent.
- Certification/license, etc. – certified professional secretary certification is desirable.
- Must have a professional demeanor; be highly organized; and have a high level of tact, integrity, and flexibility.
- Ability to multi-task working in a team environment, yet work independently at times with minimal supervision.
- A general knowledge of TVA’s overall programs, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to perform non-routine assignments with minimum supervision while using initiative and good judgment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft word, Microsoft outlook, and applicable pc packages. Internet savvy; experience with databases, scheduling, project management, and web based tools.
- Familiarity with TVA automated/on-line systems such as payroll, correspondence tracking, and travel.
- Must be willing to participate in overtime assignments as necessitated by work demands and schedules.
- Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.