Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Approx. 12 months, may be extended
Location: Various outage locations, may involve travel
One telework position may also be available.
TVA Organization: Generation Services, Field Services, Outage Execution
Pay: $37 to $47 per hour, depending on experience
Number of positions: 2 or more
Work Schedule: Work hours will vary depending on outage needs
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@niwdooglm
- Develops programs, procedures, and practices to efficiently support all maintenance and work week management related activities.
- Provides coordination and direction as required to ensure that all activities associated with scheduled and emergent work activities are on track.
- Acts as focal point for work preparation and problem resolution.
- Helps site management to ensure plant work week activities are executed as safely, efficiently, and expediently as possible.
- Implements the Conduct of Maintenance by ensuring that supporting activities such as development of work packages, optimal sequencing of work, oversight of work schedules, and coordinating leading maintenance metrics are performed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Supervisory Responsibility: Assist Maintenance Supervisor
- Budget Responsibility: Assist Maintenance Supervisor with Maintenance Budget
- Sets the standard that prioritizes all duties in the following order: 1. Safety; 2. Environmental; 3. Assets; 4. Megawatts, promoting an atmosphere of strong teamwork that creates an operational focus and environment of continued improvement of desired employee behaviors utilizing TVA values.
- Responsible for such activities as initiating and revising plant instructions and providing feedback on corporate standards; providing input to site management for improvements in personnel performance and providing input for process improvements.
- Ensures employee feedback and process improvements are integrated into the work package.
- Strategic development/analysis and continuous improvement of work management system.
- Ensures documentation of “as found” and “as left” conditions. Ensures documentation of PMT’s.
- Develops work planning packages to optimize planning, scheduling, and deployment of TVA resources for maintaining plant equipment and systems.
- Manages and tracks work activities, including the research of planning/scheduling problems and adherence to processes to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Evaluates the plant risk for the Work Week.
- Compiles weekly statistical report of Performance Indicators.
- Prepares maintenance and operation procedures/instructions.
- Trains employees on the work management system.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.