Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Expected duration: 1 year
Location: Bull Run Fossil Plant, Clinton TN
TVA Organization: Power Operations
Pay: $32 to $41 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 7:00 to 3:30, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@sivartvl
Mechanical coordinator needed to write work packages, plan jobs and order materials. Helpful to have experience with AKWIRE scheduling tool. Supervisory experience is not needed.
- Develops programs, procedures, and practices to efficiently support all maintenance and work week management related activities.
- Provides coordination and direction as required to ensure that all activities associated with scheduled and emergent work activities are on track.
- Acts as focal point for work preparation and problem resolution.
- Helps site management to ensure plant work week activities are executed as safely, efficiently, and expediently as possible. Implement the conduct of maintenance by ensuring that supporting activities such as development of work packages, optimal sequencing of work, oversight of work schedules, and coordinating leading maintenance metrics are performed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Sets the standard that prioritizes all duties in the following order: safety, environmental assets, megawatts, promoting an atmosphere of strong teamwork that creates an operational focus and environment of continued improvement of desired employee behaviors utilizing tva values.
- Acting with delegated authority of the maintenance supervisor provides direction to personnel and activities as required to ensure that all maintenance and work week efforts are performed as safely, efficiently, and expeditiously as possible; identifies priorities, and directs critical path efforts as required.
- Performs walk downs of the work.
- Requests hold orders to be filled out and submitted based on when work is scheduled to be performed and in preparation of scheduled start. Identifies and prepares all permits, requests, etc. for any conditions.
Education and Experience
Four to six years of responsible power experience in areas such as maintenance, operations, engineering, technical support, quality assurance, construction.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with employees and management at all levels.
- Ability to be innovative and future focused; work well under pressure with changing priorities and effectively manage programs and personnel.
- Demonstrated negotiating and critical thinking skills.
- Should have knowledge of principles of contract management, service agreements, project management, and business planning as well as computer software tools & programs utilized in planning process; comprehensive knowledge of environmental and safety standards for protection of personnel and equipment.
- Must be able to coordinate information from various sources and interface with multiple customers to complete tasks.
- Some travel and shift work may be required to meet the needs of the power generation system.
- Successful completion of the fully qualified maintenance coordinator training plan within the stipulated time frame is a condition of employment.
- Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.