Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 12 months
Location: Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant
TVA Organization: Natural Resource Management
Pay: Starting rate – $23 per hour
Number of positions: 5
Additional details: Must be able to operate machinery, boat operation, work 24/7 schedule as needed, work in an outdoor environment
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@retswerbgd
- The primary job duty will be the operation of an Aquatic Plant Harvester.
- A developmental position responsible for surveillance of TVA lands, landrights, and shoreline for one or more reservoirs managed by the regional office and performs as generalist in activities dealing with agriculture, forestry, requirements of section 26a of the TVA act, marginal strip policy, boundary maintenance, recreation facilities inventory, and public relations.
- Handles contacts with the public, commercial boat dock operators, government officials, and others to provide information and explain policies, procedures, and regulations regarding TVA land and landrights; and section 26a.
- Inspects shorelines and reservoir lands for encroachments and violations.
- Assists with actions to prevent such violations or encroachments; obtains data on those detected: and promptly reports, orally and/or in writing, all such incidents to supervisor.
- Assists private landowners, boat dock operators, and others in submitting appropriate applications with sketches for approval facilities in accordance with section 26a regulations; and prepares reports on all resolved or unresolved violations for further handling.
- Assesses potential conflicts between the public right to use TVA land and the abutting property owner right to construct water use facilities.
- Identifies boundaries to be remarked.
Education and Experience
- Must have a high school education.
- An associate degree from accredited college or university in horticulture, forestry, geography, or other professional scientific field associated with land use and development would be desirable.
- Must have a valid driver license.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.