Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 6 to 12 months
Location: Sequoyah Nuclear Plant
TVA Organization: Nuclear Power Group
Pay: $46 to $58 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 7:00 am 4:00 pm Monday through Friday; see additional details below
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@0trebligp
The contractor will provide vendor oversight and reviews of analyses developed to support the Digital DCNs, specifically the SQN TDAF Control System Upgrade, U1 & U2 NIS Channel Deviation Time Delay Relay & Rod Stop Setpoint Change, and Fuel Transfer Project.
- Provides technical leadership, coordinates, and reviews the work of a small staff of multidiscipline engineers, specialists, technicians and/or contractor personnel in an i&c engineering work group.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the work group regarding new or modified tasks, makes work assignments to lower level staff, responsible for meeting designated completion dates.
- In a working lead capacity, plans, develops, coordinates and directs the day-to-day technical aspects of large and important engineering projects or a number of small engineering projects with many complex features.
- A substantial portion of the work directed is comparable to that performed by senior level engineers.
- Provides input to the engineering manager on work in progress, technical issues which need elevation and workplace matters.
- As a working technical lead, performs engineering work assignments when needed.
- May be assigned senior level engineering work as part of regular day-to-day responsibilities in addition to lead responsibilities.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of electrical engineering design principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and assigned project responsibilities.
- Makes engineering judgments and decisions independently on engineering design problems and methods.
- At the request of the engineering manager, represents the work group in meetings to plan, schedule and coordinate work projects; to resolve technical issues; or to report and obtain information.
- Performs engineering work as assigned.
- The incumbent will not be responsible for the supervisory administrative duties of performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, selections, leave approval, promotions and pay changes.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in electrical engineering or other related engineering discipline from an abet accredited curriculum, plus appropriate continuing education.
- Several years of experience in electrical and I&C engineering design project work similar to that performed in a plant environment, including at least one year of experience in a nuclear organization.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted nuclear plant access and S-3 and S-4 medical qualifications when applicable.
- Must be able and willing to assume “on-call” rotational assignments which may include 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week availability.
- Must be willing and medically able to work rotating shifts and maximum overtime permitted by TVAN procedures during peak periods.
- Must be able and willing to travel to plant locations as required when performing assigned tasks and, as necessary, to be temporarily assigned to a field location.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.