Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: October 15, 2018, or as soon as possible
Duration: 6 to 12 months
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: Human Resources
Pay: $32.00 to $40.00 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@snhojda
• Serves as strategic business partner with a sound seat at the table. Partners with business to make high impact changes that support the overall HR vision. Serves as the principal liaison to frontline managers for HR strategies, philosophies, programs, and initiatives within the organization.
• Understands business partner’s business unit and provides progressive, strategic guidance to managers regarding HR best practices. Leads problem-solving teams focused on meeting business partner objectives and ensuring compliance with organizational practices.
• Serves as HR advisor to managers in a broad spectrum of HR topics. Demonstrates working knowledge of critical HR functions including: labor relations, talent management and development; compensation; employment law; and labor relations.
• Implements HR programs (talent management, performance management, compensation) within assigned business unit(s). Engages SMEs and program owners as needed, and appropriately advocates for business with HR program owners.
• Delivers customized solutions for organizational challenges with a focus on business outcomes. Seeks ways to proactively improve organizational processes and outcomes.
• Identifies and leads investigations of workplace policy violations.
• Applies policies and procedures across the organization; recommends policy changes to support business needs that ensure consistency and standardization. Proactively communicates policies, procedures, and culture to new and existing employees.
• Facilitates resolution of conflict and identifies patterns causing disruption between employees and managers. Mediates difficult interactions throughout the business.
• Develops a reputation as a neutral and approachable HR professional, serving employees and the organization.
• Responds with appropriate sense of urgency complaints, manager requests, and employee needs.
• Manages challenging labor relations issues with a focus on leveraging sound business relationships to resolve issues at the lowest level. Supports management in facilitating the grievance process and resolution fulfillment.
• Raises issues and identifies patterns requiring HR solutions. Takes ownership of implementing sound business solutions. Leads HR interventions to solve workforce challenges.
• Coaches frontline employees on organizational and interpersonal communications and serves as a liaison with leadership to identify group developmental talent needs.
• Focuses on personal development and takes ownership in staying current in latest HR best practices.
Education and Experience
Education – Bachelor’s degree in psychology, human resources, business, or related degree.
Experience – Experience with consulting, planning/project management, problem solving and organizational effectiveness is desired.
Certification/License — Professional in Human Resources (PHR) is desired.
Proactive; conflict resolution; problem solving orientation; continuous learning; innovation; leadership.
Strong, positive customer feedback is required.
Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.