Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: April 26, 2021
Duration: Up to 12 months
Location: Teleworking at the present time.
This job will become an on-site position at the COC when TVA determines it is safe to return to the office.
TVA Organization: Human Resources
Pay: $19 to $23 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: Currently the schedule is an 8-hour shift between the hours of 7am to 7pm, and will depend on the needs of the Solution Center.
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@deeasv
The incumbent serves in the administration and operations of Human Resources by providing support to HR team members. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule interviews
- Enter offers in PeopleSoft (PLUS)
- Create offer letter
- Initiate background process with candidate
- Call candidate to obtain/confirm personal information (DOB, place of birth, SSN, contact info)
- Generate employee identification number
- Add to Candidate Tracking Sheet
- Send “Next Steps” email to the hiring manager and candidate
- Monitor status of candidate during background process
- Act as point of contact for the hiring manager and candidate for questions/concerns regarding the background process timeline and new hire date
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent is required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Approximately one to three years of experience working in HR, system reporting, administrative support, or other similar experience that would prepare the incumbent to be effective in this role.
- PeopleSoft recruiting or other applicant tracking system experience a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of HR policies, procedures, and practices.
- Ability to plan, organize and perform a wide variety of administrative human resource functions; to express ideas orally and in writing; and to identify critical issues and take corrective actions.
- Ability to interface and communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization, maintain confidentiality and respond effectively to requests.
- Must possess critical thinking skills, prioritization, time management, problem solving, active listening, adaptability, and customer relations skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills to fully utilize HR systems and other information technology tools.
- Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position/access requirements and essential job functions.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.