Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: March 25, 2019
Duration: 12 to 18 months
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: Human Resources
Pay: $32 to $41 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@reyemeitws
- Serves as the coordination point between stakeholders and the information technology department to provide systems support and analysis by leveraging the technology solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- Evaluates and develops viable options and solutions to satisfy business objectives.
- Maintains or oversees the system setup and configuration.
- Manages/monitors the change process including development, testing, and migration to production (if applicable).
- Updates documentation including design documents, processes, and coordination of other end-user communication.
- Takes ownership of issues and drives them to completion and ensures timely and accurate follow-through.
- Researches issues using available tools such as peoplebooks, oracle support, and other resources.
- Translates complex issues and solutions into oral and written communications that are easily understood by end users.
- Writes clear, concise design documents and test scripts.
- Analyzes large amounts of data and drills down into the detail to interpret results, draw conclusions, and ensure data integrity.
- Collaborates effectively across modules and with other integrated system stakeholders.
- Assists stakeholders in the creation of more difficult queries to select and compile information from the PLUS system as needed.
- Coordinates requirements gathering and data elements needed for developing reports.
- Reviews, interprets and troubleshoots issues.
- Provides training to end users as necessary.
- Required: 1 to 3 years of SharePoint Online experience
- Preferred: Hands on work in SharePoint Online within last 3 months, 6 months to 1 year hands-on experience in Modern Experience, good people skills, adaptability, prior federal/military experience, and experience in Flow and PowerApps.
Education and Experience
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Computer Information Systems or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience – Minimum 6 years progressive experience in researching, analyzing, and maintaining human resource related or other information systems. Experience with PeopleSoft applications.
- Certification/License, etc — Certifications on associated software system(s) desired
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrate good use of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and a familiarity with SQL.
- First-class communications skills are essential, as is the ability to persuade effectively.
- Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position/access requirements and essential job functions.
- Position may require up to 20% travel.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.