Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: March 1, 2021
Duration: Up to 12 months
Location: Chattanooga or Knoxville
This job will initially be a teleworking position.
It will become an on-site job when TVA determines it is safe to return to the office.
At that point, the contract employee can choose either Chattanooga or Knoxville as the work location.
TVA Organization: Human Resources
Pay: $41 to $51 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@nodrogma
Contractor would be expected to have experience in UI configuration of PeopleSoft.
1. Promotes “People First” culture throughout the respective organization; exhibits and encourages exceptional performance and teamwork across the HR&C organization
2. Fosters culture of accountability, trust, collaboration, development, and results consistent with the short and long-term objectives of the HR&C organization
3. Responsible for ensuring that business specific requirements are included during product development; coordinates all measures relating to system acceptance
4. Reviews product roadmaps and evaluates feasibility of new functionality; supports system upgrades by preparing necessary communication and organizing test cycles with system specialists and users
5. Key contributor in maintaining data integrity by monitoring what is requested and input; executes, reviews and reacts to data audit findings and recommends and initiates corrective action; manages system access and security, and related audits
6. Responsible for system testing, maintenance of interfaces, security roles, and configuration
7. Works with external vendors to ensure data integrity for various HR&C processes
8. Manages inter-dependencies between internal and external systems, including single and bi-directional data feeds between all HR Systems and external vendors, as well as connections with other internal HR&C and IT systems
9. Troubleshoots and analyzes system issues and deficiencies; identifies and recommends solutions
10. Maintains in-depth HR data knowledge and thorough understanding of how internal and external customers use HR data; identifies and analyzes new data requirements and provides alternatives
11. Ensures data integrity and consistency; understands and complies with internal data retention, retrieval, and disposal policies
12. Monitors and maintains Solution Center related system processes
13. Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Job Specific Competencies
• Agile Thinking
• Analytical Aptitude
• Cross-Functional Teaming
• Customer Service
• Design Thinking
• Digital Mindset
• HR Systems Knowledge
• Problem Solving
• Specialist HR Knowledge
• Workforce Analytics & Data Analysis
• Strong knowledge of IT management within HR
• Strong knowledge of MS Office products
• Strong knowledge of relevant HR Systems preferred tools
• Knowledge of IT product design and configuration
• Knowledge of change management and identifying impacts
• Knowledge of configuration, system maintenance, and testing
• Good conceptual skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to flex and adapt to changing data needs
• Ability to work with confidential information and maintain confidentiality
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.