Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Up to 2 years
Location: Paradise Fossil Plant, Drakesboro, KY
Pay: Approx. $32.00 to $40.00 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@eeltj
- Ensure the integrity of the financial statements and a Sarbanes-Oxley control environment.
- Improve financial and business acumen and actively educate others by seeking personal education and reviewing business information and technical documents.
- Support, influence and facilitate the development and review of budgets and business planning activities.
- Support, influence and facilitate the development and review of monthly forecast and savings/use.
- Actively develop and foster relationships within the team, with business partner(s) and across Financial Operations & Performance.
- Analyze financial reports and cost data to influence and facilitate outcomes for the achievement of business objectives.
- Provide management with financial and operational insight to drive effective decision making.
- Participate and lead special projects and initiatives as requested.
- Work independently as a financial consultant.
- Develop and utilize coaching skills with peers.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Field of study in accounting or finance is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study, with related education, training & experience will be considered.
- An advanced degree in accounting, finance or business administration is desirable.
- A CPA is preferred.
- At least five years of experience in financial management, business systems and controls; preferably including experience in the utility industry.
- Eight years of experience preferred.
- Continued professional development necessary to obtain professional certifications (such as a CPA) is expected.
- Must have working knowledge of general business, financial systems and controls, computer skills, and financial analysis techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to communicate clearly orally and in writing.
- Strong commitment to building teamwork and conveying mission, objective, expectations and philosophy.
- Demonstrates and drives TVA competencies on a daily basis.
- Develops leadership competencies with coaching.
- Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.