Part-Time Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: June 3, 2019
Duration: Up to 18 months
Location: Knoxville Distribution Center, 4124 Greenway Dr.
TVA Organization: Environmental Field Services
Pay: $27 to $33 per hour, depending on experience
Number of positions: 2
Work Schedule: See “Job Duties” below.
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@ssargdonswd
This position will be utilized on an “as needed” basis to supplement current staff when workload requires more workers than are currently available.
Tasks will include assisting collecting reservoir profile data and collecting samples (water, waste, soil, etc.) for analysis.
- Conducts a variety of operations and tests, experiments, resource management practices, and analyses according to established procedures.
- May also assist with land management activities which serve to protect or enhance natural or cultural resources.
- Operates and troubleshoots equipment including the identification of procedural and/or equipment improvements.
- Performs calculations on data and assists in evaluating results.
- Analyzes and evaluates technical problems and determines methodology to use in problem resolution.
Education and Experience
- Demonstrates proficiencies in field monitoring, sampling, using instruments, performing standard laboratory and test analyses, assembling field data and write reports on data.
- May also require proficiencies in application of standard resource management practices, techniques and knowledge of the proper use of required tools and equipment.
- A.S. degree in a relevant environmental field or equivalencies in education and at least 18 months’ experience at Environmental Technician Level II; or a high school education and 3 years’ experience at Environmental Technician Level II.
- Experience with safe boat operation and towing is desirable.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.