Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: March 1, 2021, or as soon as possible
Duration: 12 to 36 months
Location: Chattanooga or Knoxville
If you live in Chattanooga you may need to travel to Knoxville occasionally, and vice versa
TVA Organization: Environmental Compliance
Pay: $44 to $56 per hour, depending on experience
Position may be filled at a lower level, depending on the candidate’s experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@eniltrahjb
- Serves as an environmental technical expert supporting tva projects.
- Works independently and participates on interdisciplinary teams to provide scientific technical support in the development and implementation of programs, projects, and controls dealing with environmental compliance and technologies.
- Provides identification and evaluation of innovative/alternative technologies, development of environmental compliance methodologies, engineering design reviews, design and implementation of monitoring plans, and development and optimization of analytical treatment methods. Maintains an advanced knowledge of principles and practices of environmental science needed to independently evaluate problems, discuss alternative solutions, and make mitigative recommendations.
- Keeps abreast of technical developments, particularly in the area of environmental compliance.
- Reviews and ensures the technical adequacy of design and modification projects.
- This requires the application of environmental principles, standards, and techniques, as well as application of applicable environmental laws, regulations standards, and guidelines; design and construction of environmental projects.
- Develop and coordinate with local, state and federal regulatory agencies to obtain and maintain required permits.
- The incumbent provides expertise and supports the site in the following areas: emergency response to oil and hazardous materials incidents, hazardous and non-hazardous waste management and waste container control.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental, civil, chemical, or other related engineering, or environmental or physical science with environmental course work.
- Six or more years of professional related experience.
- Licensed professional engineer, certified hazardous materials manager, certified industrial hygiene, or registered environmental manager are desirable.
- Membership in professional and technical societies is desirable.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted nuclear plant access and s-3 and s-4 medical qualifications when applicable.
- Must be able and willing to travel to plant locations as required when performing assigned tasks and, as necessary, to be temporarily assigned to a field location.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.