Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: May 1, 2019
Duration: 6 to 12 months
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: Power System Operations
Pay: $31 to $39 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@ybriksj
- Using prescribed methods, performs specific and portions of a broader assignment of an experienced electrical engineer.
- Applies standard electrical engineering practices, techniques and calculations in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes deviations in results, and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Work performed will be in the areas of real-time systems used to economically manage, operate, control, and monitor tva’s generation facilities, transmission facilities, and bulk power marketing efforts.
- This is the basic level for professional work. Performs assignments designed to develop professional knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Limited exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering (power system concentration desirable), or equivalent related engineering degree, from an accredited curriculum, plus appropriate continuing education.
- Engineer In Training Certificate desirable.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.