Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 1 to 3 years
Location: Sequoyah Nuclear Plant
TVA Organization: Nuclear Power Group
Pay: $46 to $58 per hour, depending on experience
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@0trebligp
This is a capital funded large scale and complex digital controls project implementing a complete control system upgrade for reactor trip and main turbine trip circuitry. Highly experienced and qualified digital controls and systems expertise needed to drive the engineering and testing activities.
- Provides technical leadership, coordinates, and reviews the work of a small staff of multidiscipline engineers, specialists, technicians and/or contractor personnel in an electrical engineering work group.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the work group regarding new or modified tasks, makes work assignments to lower level staff, responsible for meeting designated completion dates.
- In a working lead capacity, plans, develops, coordinates and directs the day-to-day technical aspects of large and important engineering projects or a number of small engineering projects with many complex features.
- A substantial portion of the work directed is comparable to that performed by senior level engineers.
- Provides input to the engineering manager on work in progress, technical issues which need elevation and workplace matters.
- As a working technical lead, performs engineering work assignments when needed.
- May be assigned senior level engineering work as part of regular day-to-day responsibilities in addition to lead responsibilities.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of electrical engineering design principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and assigned project responsibilities.
- Makes engineering judgments and decisions independently on engineering design problems and methods.
- At the request of the engineering manager, represents the work group in meetings to plan, schedule and coordinate work projects; to resolve technical issues; or to report and obtain information.
- Performs engineering work as assigned.
Additional job details:
- Digital electro-hydraulic (DEH) controls and main feedwater pump turbine (MFPT) controls upgrade projects: electrical and I&C responsible engineer to support the design engineering, planning, testing, and closure of the digital electro-hydraulic controls and main feedwater pump turbine controls digital upgrades.
- Responsibilities include:
— TVA responsible engineering duties in accordance with NPG SPP 09.3.
— TVA project management experience preferred due to the scale and complexity of the project and reactor and turbine trip sensitivity.
— Candidate to provide support for overall project alignment, implementation scheduling and planning, high impact team support, and testing.
— TVA test director experience preferred to support testing plans and implementation through critical path timelines.
— 15 or more years’ digital, electrical, and I&C design engineering experience required.
— Experience with Foxboro Intelligent Automation (IA) platform.
— Experience with turbine controls.
— Experience with dynamic testing through reactor power ascension.
— Title: Level D or Specialist level electrical and I&C engineer.
— TVA qualifications required:
• TVA esp 267.0 – oversight task engineer qualification
• TVA esp 268.0 – digital design guide qualification
• TVA 400128 – licensing compliance review qualification
• TVA 009904, 009907, 400085, & 004748 – 50.59 and 72.48 screening and evaluation qualification
• TVA esp 281.0 – analysis-calculation qualification
• TVA esp 518.0 & .1 – testing and post maintenance and development of testing procedures
Education, experience and other qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or other related engineering discipline from an ABET accredited curriculum, plus appropriate continuing education.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted nuclear plant access and S-3 and S-4 medical qualifications when applicable.
- Must be able and willing to assume “on-call” rotational assignments which may include 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week availability.
- Must be willing and medically able to work rotating shifts and maximum overtime permitted by TVAN procedures during peak periods.
- Must be able and willing to travel to plant locations as required when performing assigned tasks and, as necessary, to be temporarily assigned to a field location.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.