Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: Nov. 1, 2018
End Date: Sept. 27, 2019; may be extended
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: Nuclear Power Group
Pay: $40.00 to $50.00 per hour, depending on experience
Number of positions: 3
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday; please note overtime information below
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@rehtaewirremdt
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of electrical engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Performs work which involves conventional electrical engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
- Work requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a good knowledge of and practices of related speculate.
- As a fully competent electrical engineer in all conventional experience aspects of the subject matter of the functional area of the assignments, plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Required sufficient professional experience to ensure competence as a fully trained worker.
- Provides procurement, field engineering including walk downs, modifications/maintenance and testing support.
- May supervise or coordinate the work of multidiscipline engineers, drafters, technicians, and others who assist in specific assignments.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or other related engineering degrees from an accredited curriculum, plus appropriate continuing education.
- Licensed professional engineer desirable.
- Membership in professional and technical societies is desirable.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted nuclear plant access and S-3 and S-4 medical qualifications when applicable.
- Must be able and willing to assume “on-call” rotational assignments which may include 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week availability.
- Must be willing and medically able to work rotating shifts and maximum overtime permitted by TVAN procedures during peak periods.
- Must be able and willing to travel to plant locations as required when performing assigned tasks and, as necessary, to be temporarily assigned to a field location.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in electrical engineering as evidenced by completion of engineering graduate progression plan or equivalent post engineering graduate education and experience.
— Minimum 4 years of experience
— Experience with digital, I&C and electrical design packages
— Previous TVA experience and familiar with our procedures
— Previous experience with industry Standard Design Process for design modification
— Local to the Chattanooga area
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions