Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Approx. 3 to 6 months
Location: Bull Run Fossil Plant, Clinton TN
TVA Organization: Power Operations
Pay: $40 to $50 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 6:30 am to 4:30 pm, four days a week
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@0noskcajdt
- Performs electrical and controls engineering design, maintenance support, and inspections for power generating plants and their auxiliaries, locks, and dams.
- Assignments generally involve conventional electrical engineering practice but may include more complex engineering and interpersonal issues which require mature judgment and innovative approaches.
- Ensures engineering quality through reviews and checks of the work of lower grade engineers and engineering associates.
- Performs electrical and controls engineering design calculations, prepares technical reports, develops design criteria, selects material, and determines physical arrangements for electrical features; takes into account performance, cost, operability, maintainability, and applicable codes and standards.
- Develops, reviews, and interprets engineering drawings and data.
- Directs the preparation of engineering record drawings for equipment installation and maintenance.
- Prepares engineering cost estimates.
- Provides procurement support by preparation of requisitions, evaluating proposals, negotiating with offers, reviewing vendor submittals, and coordinating meetings with vendors.
- Provides field engineering including walk-downs, construction support, testing and startup.
- May plan, develop, coordinate, lead and direct the performance of projects of moderate scope or parts of major projects.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Full competence as an electrical engineer, as demonstrated by several years of progressive and developmental experience as an electrical engineer (design).
- License as a professional engineer is desirable (may be required in accordance with TVA Business Practice 15).
- Prefer candidates with a DCS background, but open to candidates without that background as well
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.