Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: May 6, 2019
Duration: Up to 12 months
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: TVA Cybersecurity
Pay: $24 to $30 per hour, depending on experience
Number of positions: 2
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday, except as noted below
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@0relytac
1. Assists with researching, analyzing and translating Federal laws, regulations and security industry best practices and participates in determining applicability and impact to TVA incorporating into IS and agency governance in easily understood presentation.
2. Participates in developing and maintaining policies and procedures at the corporate and organizational level ensuring agency cyber security reliability and accessibility to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data.
3. Supports agency-wide security programs designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of cyber assets and data.
4. Participates in systems security evaluations and reviews including development of systems security plans, implementation and maintenance of risk assessments, management of certification and accreditations of systems and security categorizations.
5. Supports coordination and preparation of formal responses to IT security inquires from internal and external authorities such as the Office of Inspector General (OIG) and General Accounting Office (GAO).
6. Assists in preparing agency reports at a federal level.
7. Responds to incident investigations, performs triage activities, and utilizes structured methodologies to prevent, detect respond to threats.
8. Supports control and vulnerability assessments to identify weaknesses and assess the effectiveness of existing controls, and recommends remedial action
9. Develops and implements security processes, work instructions and incident action plans to ensure that security controls are managed and maintained.
10. Updates, implements incident action plans, alerting and workflow processes to prevent, detect and respond to threats.
11. Supports 24x7x365 cybersecurity monitoring and incident response activities, on-call rotations, travel, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift as needed.
Education and Experience
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in computer science, cybersecurity, engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience – Basic cybersecurity understanding; One to three years experience in operational security, governance or information system auditing preferred.
- Certification/License, etc. – None required; CISSP, COMPTIA Security +, preferred
- Must be self-motivated and capable of performing most assignments with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated competencies in analysis, teamwork, customer service, planning/organizing, flexibility, and communication.
- Ability to research, evaluate and make recommendations as to policy applicability.
- Must have ability to work harmoniously with peers, customers, executives, and other agencies and/or utilities.
- Must demonstrate tact and effective judgment dealing with confidential/sensitive material and possess the necessary interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills to be able to communicate effectively with all levels of TVA management, vendors, and other senior level professionals.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.