Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 2 to 6 months, may be extended
Location: Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant
TVA Organization: Nuclear Power Group
Pay: $42 to $53 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@5spasllimem
Experienced estimator needed at Browns Ferry Nuclear to support modifications in the upcoming fiscal years.
It is vital to the management of the BFN portfolio to obtain the most accurate estimates possible as projects are routed through the approval process.
- Experience in project estimating at a nuclear plant is required.
- Experience in iTWO estimating software a plus, as well as C55.
- Prepares conceptual, preliminary, and detailed cost estimates involving all components/disciplines with complex construction projects (although expertise may be greater in one or more disciplines).
- For estimating purposes, determines a logical sequence of construction activities; construction equipment required; support activities needed; impact of site-specific productivity factors; overheads; quantities, cost of materials, and manpower required.
- Prepares basic schedules for cash flows and resource leveling.
- Researches current construction industry methods, estimating techniques, and innovations that can improve the accuracy, efficiency, and credibility of cost estimates and other total cost management activities.
- Monitors and evaluates estimate accuracy and adjusts methods/data to achieve maximum desired results.
- Participates in project walk-downs, suggests productivity improvements, performs value engineering analysis, and incorporates lessons learned from previous projects into cost estimates.
- Critically reviews estimates prepared by others, identifying opportunities for improvement to the responsible engineer or project team.
- May be responsible for developing/revising estimating or other data management tools & methods; implementing/maintaining system improvements; and creating/managing links to other sources.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field, or equivalent education, training & experience.
- Several years of experience working with conceptual, preliminary and detailed cost estimates.
- Experience in a construction, engineering or generating plant environment desirable.
- Certification by AACE (Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering) as a Certified Cost Engineer (CCE) or Certified Cost Consultant (CCC) is desired as evidence of proficiency.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.