Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 6 to 12 months
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: Supply Chain
Pay: $32 to $41 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@rehsarhtsa
Provides contract management support to TVA’s Generation Construction organization.
- Serves as project manager on specific contractual projects.
- Manages Supply Chain business processes within the assigned area or assigned contractual relationships.
- Serves as the Supply Chain focal point for interfacing with TVA management, support organizations, suppliers, and end users in contractual matters.
- Has ownership of Supply Chain processes at assigned levels and assumes accountability for strategic sourcing and contract management providing service delivery to the customer.
- Functions as a business representative for Supply Chain activities providing advice in managing processes, contractual matters, and customer/supplier performance issues.
- Accountable for contract management across the agency.
- Performs the following functions under close direction from the manager and consultation with higher level contracts managers:
— Serves as project manager on specific contractual projects.
— Participates on and may lead Supply Chain teams on projects to perform market and TVA usage/cost benefit analyses and to plan, source, negotiate, and contract for goods and services.
— Works at the highest levels of Supply Chain activities and interfaces across TVA as well as external to TVA with process optimization and total ownership cost reduction as the primary objectives.
- Successful performance in an environment of integrated business processes is a mandatory requirement.
- Supports delivery, implementation, and management of supply/demand alternatives and business processes including support of others at the customer/supplier interface.
- As required the individual may be directly responsible for service delivery at the customer interface.
- Responsible for expanding relationships with suppliers and customers to foster innovation and continuous improvements in business processes, and product/service offerings.
- Developing and expanding relationships within the supply chain is a core responsibility of this position.
Education and Experience
Must have contract management experience. Construction experience is desired.
- Five to eight years’ experience desirable in an industrial environment involving Supply Chain management and negotiation, process improvement and financial analysis.
- At least two years’ managerial experience is desirable. Mmust have facilitation skills related to leading in a team environment, the ability to prepare and present effective presentations and to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to provide leadership.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Supply Chain principles and practices, TVA business policies, laws, regulations, executive orders and federal guidelines governing TVA’s contracting.
- Must be able to interpret and apply these requirements to others, both inside and outside of TVA.
- Must possess current computing skills, the ability to manage interpersonal relationships, and the ability to plan and organize variable workloads.
- Knowledge of the products and services utilized by TVA is essential.
- Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.