Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 6 months
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: Nuclear Power
Pay: $32 to $41 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@nottuddk
- Develop clear, concise and consistent messaging that builds awareness, understanding, education and action.
- Prepare talking points, key messages, executive messages, employee communications, social media messages, employee newsletter content, video scripts, power point presentations, speeches, web content, white papers, background data, etc. and support development of strategy to deliver.
- May be asked to research, benchmark information or collect feedback and prepare summaries to provide supporting information.
- Collaborate with Communications and/or other TVA organization colleagues to edit, develop and/or update strategic communication plans.
- Work with leads to support implementation of plans.
- Format communication packages to be presented to clients or external stakeholders.
- Work with communications team to develop and/or update communications strategies for issues and initiatives.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, English or related fields.
- An advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Prior Nuclear experience preferred but not required.
- Proven knowledge of communications practices and tools; strong written and verbal communication skills; professional presence and ability to build and sustain professional relationships at all levels of the organization; skills in current communications technology; self-starter, driven, and able to work at a high pace.
- Ability to manage medium load/complexity of projects.
- Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.