Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: March 30, 2020
Duration: Approx. 6 months
Location: Decatur AL
TVA Organization: Browns Ferry Nuclear
Pay: $47 to $59 per hour, depending on experience
Number of positions: 2
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday; see additional information below
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@ybakcolwj
Serve as the responsible engineer for installation of multiple BFN capital projects including the replacement of High Pressure Feedwater Heaters, support of the RHRSW Water Hammer Resolution, and completion of 161kV Transformer Replacements.
- Provides technical leadership, coordinates, and reviews the work of a small staff of multidiscipline engineers, specialists, technicians and/or contractor personnel in a civil engineering work group.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the work group regarding new or modified tasks, makes work assignments to lower level staff, responsible for meeting designated completion dates.
- In a working lead capacity, plans, develops, coordinates and directs the day-to-day technical aspects of large and important engineering projects or a number of small engineering projects with many complex features. A substantial portion of the work directed is comparable to that performed by senior level engineers.
- Provides input to the engineering manager on work in progress, technical issues which need elevation and workplace matters.
- As a working technical lead, performs engineering work assignments when needed.
- May be assigned senior level engineering work as part of regular day-to-day responsibilities in addition to lead responsibilities.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of civil engineering design principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and assigned project responsibilities.
- Makes engineering judgments and decisions independently on engineering design problems and methods.
- At the request of the engineering manager, represents the work group in meetings to plan, schedule and coordinate work projects; to resolve technical issues; or to report and obtain information.
- Performs engineering work as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or other related engineering discipline from an ABET accredited curriculum, plus appropriate continuing education.
- Experience in TVA and BFN Engineering procedures and Engineering Change Package process is desired.
- Experience in BFN organization and work planning processes (T Week and Outage schedule processes) is desired.
- Experience in engineering field support of project activities including Engineering Work Request approvals and processing, rigging, hauling, and installation of components.
- Experience with large component replacements (i.e., FW heaters, steam generators) is desirable.
- Membership in professional and technical societies is desirable.
- Licensed Professional Engineer is desirable.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted nuclear plant access and S-3 and S-4 medical qualifications when applicable.
- Must be able and willing to assume “on-call” rotational assignments which may include 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week availability.
- Must be willing and medically able to work rotating shifts and maximum overtime permitted by TVAN procedures during peak periods.
- Must be able and willing to travel to plant locations as required when performing assigned tasks and, as necessary, to be temporarily assigned to a field location.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.