Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: Oct. 1, 2018
Duration: Approx. 6 to 8 months
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: Power System Operations
Pay: $40.00 to $50.00 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
Please note: This position can be a part time schedule (i.e. 3 days per week) or a full time schedule (i.e. 40 hours per week).
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@sniggocscj
- Experienced professional Civil Engineer fully trained and competent to ensure high productivity in all conventional aspects and functions of civil, structural or transmission line engineering.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, coordinates, and directs detailed projects of moderate scope or part of a major project. Work requires sound judgment and a broad knowledge of standards and precedents in civil, structural and line engineering along with knowledge of the electrical engineering aspects of transmission line engineering.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features, such as conflicting design requirements, difficult coordination and difficult construction. Publication of engineering papers and articles in professional and trade journals is desirable. May perform design or storm damage related inspections.
- Plans and performs the assessment of and rehabilitation of installed lines and structures or develops new designs.
- Performs analysis of existing facilities for changes in use and loading determining appropriate modifications. Performs cost estimates and economic analysis to support value engineering.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: On a project, may supervise/coordinate the work of multiple discipline engineers and technicians, including contractor engineers and technicians.
Education and Experience
- BS or MS degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Licensed Professional Engineer desirable.
- Membership in professional/technical societies is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with electronic spreadsheets, standard structural engineering software, line engineering software and computer aided drafting software.
- Incumbent may be required to be medically qualified and willing to work in the field and climb structures as needed.
- Needs to be able to use AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel.
- Will be designing/checking small and medium size steel structures & foundations and may also be asked to perform other civil design activities related to substation design.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.